Resiliency, Sustainability, and Economic Opportunities in the DC Region
Register today for:
Organized by Leaders in Energy and Resilient Virginia
When: October 20, 6:00-8:30PM
Where: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, 777 North Capitol Street NE, Washington, DC 20002, Training Room First Floor.
- Storm Cunningham – International speaker and author of books including “The Restoration Economy” and “ReWealth.” He will give the “big picture” perspective by examining where economic opportunities based on “restorative development” and “resilient prosperity” intersect with natural resource restoration,climate change adaptation, and disaster resilience.
- Harrison Newton – Chief Manager responsible for launching the District of Columbia’s 100 Resilient Cities program. Washington, DC has just been awarded a Rockefeller Foundation 100 Resilient Cities grant. Find out what this will mean as they move forward to become more resilient to the physical, social and economic challenges that are a growing part of the 21st century.
- Dwane Jones, Ph.D. – Director of the Center for Sustainable Development and Resilience, University of the District of Columbia. His Center has developed urban agriculture programs and food hubs in Washington, DC to help revitalize urban communities, provide healthier food options, and offer economic opportunities for residents.
- Welcoming remarks – Stephen Walz, Director of Environmental Programs, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG). MWCOG has developed the “Building a Climate Resilient National Capital Region” strategy to coordinate federal and community efforts.
- Moderator: Annette Osso, Managing Director of Resilient Virginia.
Register today to secure your seat for this look at innovative approaches to environmental restoration, prosperity, and resilience-building.
http://lercpa.org/resiliency- sustainability-economic- opportunities/
General admission ticket includes program, pizza, and beverages. Early bird rates are available through Thursday, October 13th. Student and jobseekers rates are also available.